18 Jun It’s true – we’re building a factory
It’s true. Energy Renaissance are building a lithium ion battery manufacturing plant in Australia, with production ready in late 2018.
With speculation heating up over the last few weeks we have been very tight lipped but we can reveal it is true. There’s much more to come but we can confirm;
- The factory will be based in Darwin in the Northern Territory.
- Our Darwin based facility will have seven production lines with an annual production capacity of 1GWh
- We’ll use Australian raw materials, although some oversees processing may initially be needed
- Our technology is licensed from a worldwide leader in lithium ion technology
- We’ll be manufacturing battery cells with unique properties
- We are focused on serving the Australian and South-East Asian markets)
- Our energy storage systems will be designed for the commercial and utility-scale markets (not residential)
- The first cells will come off the factory line by late 2018
This will be just the start of our commitment to revealing what’s possible and powering a brighter future. With more detailed and formal announcements coming soon, we figure this should help answer some of the more frequently asked questions.
If you’d like to find out more please contact us